Keep Safe Online: What pupils need to know.
We all need to keep safe online: on our computers, devices, game consoles and on our mobile phones. This is a quick list of what you need to know to stay safe.
– Don’t post any personal information online – like your address, email address or mobile number.
– Think carefully before posting pictures, videos or live streaming of yourself. Once you’ve put content of yourself online most people can see it and may be able to download it, it’s not just yours anymore.
– Keep your privacy settings as high as possible
– Never give out your passwords
– Don’t befriend people you don’t know
– Don’t meet up with people you’ve met online. Speak to your parent or carer about people suggesting you do
– Remember that not everyone online is who they say they are
– Think carefully about what you say before you share something online
– Respect other people’s views, even if you don’t agree with someone else’s views doesn’t mean you need to be rude
– If you see something online that makes you feel uncomfortable, unsafe or worried: leave the service or app, turn off your device and talk to a trusted adult. If anyone contacts you online in a way that makes you feel uncomfortable, tell a trusted adult.