April Newsletter

I write this April newsletter with mixed emotions as this will be my last one as head teacher of Tullos. I have had the honour of teaching at Tullos for 32 years. I remember, when I started at the tender age of 21, phoning my mum in shock and telling her that a teacher had been here for 25 years. Now I understand why; that Tullos tugs at the heart strings and makes leaving very difficult. I don’t think it will mater wherever I go in the World; I know I won’t be welcomed and accepted as I have been at Tullos. The Tullos children and families are amazing, and I take away many, many happy memories. The children and families will always have a very special place in my heart and I want to thank all of you for being part of my journey.

Lots of people have asked me what I am doing after Tullos. I am going to live in Cyprus with my husband and we are both completing a teaching English as a foreign language course. Once we have passed our assessments, we plan to go to Cambodia to teach English there. We hope to travel and teach in various countries until we retire. A big adventure awaits.

I am happy to say Miss Mackinlay and Miss Singer will be the joint acting head teacher until the new head teacher is appointed.  Both Miss Singer and Miss Mackinlay have been at Tullos for many years and know the school and the families well.

Kind Regards Mrs Leith

PUPIL FINAL REPORTS

In June you will be issued with your child’s final report for session 2022-23 electronically. Please ensure we have the most up to date email address for you. 

Dates for the diary

Monday 1st May – May Day Holiday

Tuesday 2nd May – Inset day – no pupils in school

Monday 8th May – Kings Coronation – school closed

Tuesday 8th June OR Wednesday 14th June  – School sports

Friday 7st July – last day of term

There will be other dates such as the Tullos show and leavers assembly  which will be issued later this term.

Winning House

Last term the winning house was Balnagask. Well done Balnagask. They have yet to get their prize and more information will be issued once it is organised.